really watch your water use?
Take a moment to check some of the ways you can
Got kids? How long are they in the
Is the toilet drip free? Drop food coloring into the
back of the tank,
if in 10 minutes or less color appears in the
bowl the seal is leaking by.
Do you always set the washing
level, or do you just fi ll it up regardless of the
When you wash your car do you let the
hose run or
use a bucket and a valve on the house to shut the flow off when not
Are all your faucets drip free?
watering the flowers, lawn and garden? Only you know how long you
let water run.
Automated sprinklers? Got rain control or a
moisture sensor that keeps them off when not really needed; or do
you water even in the rain due to a timer just being set to
A little caution and a minute or two to
check can save
lots of money and just as important conserve water!!
|Some Interesting Facts
- Americans drink more than One BILLION glasses of water
- On average, 50-70% of home water is used outdoors
watering lawns and gardens. Daily indoor per capita water
use in a home with no water-conserving
fixtures is 74
- Toilets are the number one biggest water user in the
home. Approximately 28% of the home�s water is used here.
- Would you believe showers use almost 15% more water than
the average bath?
- By installing more efficient water
regularly checking for leaks, you can reduce daily
capita water use by almost 30%.
- Average household water use annually = 127,400 gallons.
Average daily household water use = 350 gallons.
- It takes about 4,776 gallons of water to raise a
- After thanksgiving dinner in 1999, 16.4 million
Americans watched football. At half-time, American toilets
flushed 16.4 million times and used 48.5 million gallons of
Water Trivia Facts test